Muffins, muffins and more muffins! This is my latest mantra. I just love muffins and quick breads. They just make your breakfast meal that much more special. Muffins especially. Fluffy and moist, these go perfectly well with your morning coffee or milk. They just make you feel so good all morning! Here is my banana muffin recipe.
This recipe cistomized from www.tasteandflavours.com
2 cups of All Purpose flour
1 cup of packed light brown sugar
1/2 cup of vegetable oil
1 large egg
1 Tsp baking powder
1 Tsp baking soda
1/2 Tsp salt
6 Tbsp sour cream
2 Tsp vanilla extract
4 medium/3 large ripe bananas mashed
Crumb topping (optional):
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
2 Tbsp AP flour
1/8 Tsp cinnamon
1 Tbsp cold butter (I used a butter substitute)
- Pre-heat oven to 350 F (176 C) and line a 12-cup muffin tray with paper liner/or grease each cup.
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder and soda, and the salt and set that aside
- Secondly, to the mashed bananas just add the 1 cup of brown sugar, vegetable oil and the egg and whisk until well combined
- Add the vanilla and sour cream and give the wet batter a good whisk till well combined
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet and fold the dry stuff into batter. TRY NOT TO OVER_MIX the batter. Just use a flat spoon/spatula/ladle and simply ensure there are no obvious dry flour. The batter should be a bit lumpy and thick.
- Fill each cup of muffin tray with the batter until 3/4th way full.
- Crumb topping (optional) - Mix the brown sugar, flour and cinnamon (mentioned under crumb topping). Now add the cold butter and mix into this (either with hands or fork) until a coarse texture is obtained. Sprinkle evenly on the batter in each muffin cup.
- Bake this for about 25 mintues. Toothpick inserted must come out clean
An awesome way to start your day. A muffin and a glass of fruit shake. Wow!
Give my blueberry muffins a peek as well!!