Well lets get down to the nitty gritty.. Here's the recipe..
Serves : 8
Preparation Time : 30 minutes
Baking Time : 35 - 40 minutes
All purpose flour - 2 1/3 cups
Sugar, granulated - 1 1/4 cups
Butter - 3/4 cup, 1 1/2 stick, 5.5 oz
Milk - 3/4 cup
Eggs - 3
Vanilla essence - 1 Tsp
Baking powder - 1 1/4 Tsp
Baking soda - 1 1/4 Tsp
Salt - 3/4 Tsp
Blueberries - 2 cups
For Crumble Topping (streusel):
All purpose flour - 1 cup
Brown sugar - 1 cup
Cinnamon - 1 Tsp
Cold unsalted butter, cut into very small cubes - 1/2 cup
- First lets get the crumble topping or streusel done- In a bowl, mix together the flour, cinnamon and brown sugar. Then with your fingers, crush the butter into this until you get a crumbly texture. Set this aside
- Preheat oven to 350 F (176 C) and Grease a 13 X 9-inch rectangular pan or two 9-inch round pans
- Dry Ingredients - Mix the flour, baking powder and soda and salt. Set aside
- Wet Ingredients - Take a bowl and start by mixing the melted butter and sugar till creamy. Add the eggs one by one and vanilla essence while whisking.
- Mixing the wet and dry - Add a portion of flour mixture into wet batter and gently mix. Now add a portion of the milk and mix. Repeat this till you're done adding both.
- Fold the blueberries into batter, spreading them in evenly
- Pour batter onto cake pan, spread it out evenly
- Now, cover the whole batter with a layer of crumble topping (prepared in first step). This is what the end result looks like just before popping into the oven..
- Bake for 35 - 40 minutes. At 35 m, Do a tooth-pick test (Try not to do a knife-insert test as that will leave a wide hole and can mess up the baking) If it comes out clean you're done!