All purpose flour - 2 1/3 cups
Sugar, granulated - 2 cups
Butter - 1 cup, 8 oz (2 sticks)
Milk - 3/4 cup
Eggs - 3
Vanilla essense - 1 Tsp
Cinnamon - 1 Tsp (optional)
Baking powder - 1 1/4 Tsp
Baking soda - 1 1/4 Tsp
Salt - 3/4 Tsp
Lemon juice - 1-2 Tbsp
Apples - 2
Raspberries - 2 cups approx.
- Preheat oven to 350 F (176 C) and Grease a 13 X 9-inch rectangular pan or two 9-inch round pans
- Peel and cut the apples into small cubes. In a saucepan, cook the apples in 2 tablespoons of water till they are tender. Pour the lemon juice and sprinkle a little flour on them, give a light stir and set them aside.
- Dry Ingredients - Mix the flour, baking powder and soda, cinnamon and salt. Set aside
- Wet Ingredients - Take a bowl and start by mixing the melted butter and sugar till creamy. Add the eggs one by one and vanilla essence while whisking.
- Mixing the wet and dry - Add a portion of flour mixture into wet batter and gently mix. Now add a portion of the milk and mix. Repeat this till you're done adding both.
- Fold the apples into batter, spreading them in evenly
- Pour batter onto cake pan
- Insert raspberries into top of batter and sprinkle the top with sugar. Trust me the sugar will give you a great crumbly topping to this moist cake.
- Bake for 35 - 40 minutes. At 35 m, Do a tooth-pick test (Try not to do a knife-insert test as that will leave a wide hole and can mess up the baking) If it comes out clean you're done!