Well, I wanted the same egg-soaked toasted bread thingy, but not sweet this time. So I came up with a very simply spiced up version of this. Its very easy and can make a great breakfast!..
So here goes my easy-peasy recipe -
Eggs - 3
Milk - 1/4 cup
Salt - 1 Tsp
Garlic powder - 2 Tsp
Pepper - 1 Tsp
Corn Flour - 3 Tbsp
Bread slices (any type) - 8
For the stuffing (you could go wild here adding ketchup and cheese as well) -
Tomatoes - 2 medium
Capsicum - 1/2
Butter - 1 Tbsp (I used a low fat alternative - 'I cant believe its not butter')
- Prepare a batter with the eggs, milk, corn flour, garlic powder, pepper and salt
- Slice the tomato and capsicum into thin rounds
- Spread two slices of bread with the butter and stuff enough slices of tomatoes and capsicum (or the veggies you're using). Press the top slice bread down hard so that the stuffing is well in place. Repeat this to make the rest of the sandwiches
- Grease a skillet with some butter or use a cooking spray
- Dip the sandiwches into batter making sure all sides are covered well in batter.
- Place the sandwich on the skillet and close the lid and cook on medium heat for a minute. Turn over with a spatula and cook the other side.
- Serve hot! You could additionally season with other herbs and spices on top of each toast